PADI Scuba Diver
Do you want to become a certified diver but are a bit short on time? Then the PADI Scuba Diver certification is for you! This course is designed with the resort diver in mind. It requires less time than the PADI Open Water Diver course, covering only the first three of five theory and pool sessions, and the first two of four open water training dives.
The PADI Scuba Diver certification you gain on completion of this course allows you to dive anywhere in the world. The limit of this qualification compared to the PADI Open Water certification is that you must dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional and are limited to a maximum depth of 12 metres.
If you are planning to dive on holiday with a dive guide or if you have limited time to devote to scuba certification, then the PADI Scuba Diver course is a good option.
PADI training programs are designed with one goal in mind, for you to relax and have fun when you dive! The only way to have a great time diving is to become truly comfortable with skills and the equipment you will use.
The PADI Scuba Diver course can take as little as a day and a half.
- Homework: Before the course you complete the PADI online training. This is mandatory for our courses and it reduces classroom time!
- Exam: On day one of your course we'll give you a quick quiz to check your theory.
- Pool: You'll complete 3 pool dives as part of your course. The first of these will be in shallow water, with your head just beneath the surface! Once comfortable, you'll venture deeper in our 3.2m deep training pool, so you can learn in water deep enough to experience skills such as ascents.
- Boat dives: Once you have completed the pool and theory components of the course we'll take you out to the beautiful reef surrounding Rarotonga for a snorkel and two boat dives. These dives are to a maximum depth of 12m with an Instructor.
- Certification: When you have completed the course we will take your photo and issue you with proof of your international PADI Scuba Diver qualification.
- Effort: Learning to scuba dive is similar to learning to drive a car. We won't qualify you for just turning up! You must put in the effort to complete the academic sessions, pool sessions and Open Water dives or you won't complete the course.
- Certification (we take the photo for you!)
- Full equipment rental
- All training required to complete the course
Approximate time commitment
We generally base the course over 1 1/2 days.
- Home study of theory via the PADI website (5-8hrs) - before arrival
- Day 1 08:00 – 5:00 theory review and pool training
- Day 2 either 07:45 to 12:00 OR 12:45 to 5:00 for your boat dives
The course is performance based so daily times may be extended or shortened depending on students ability.
- The PADI online learning is compulsory, contact us to sign up.
What's NOT included
- Transfers - can be arranged POA
- Good level of fitness
- Medical statement completed - Read the Medical requirement for courses here
- Min age 12 years
- You need to allow a minimum of 18 hours after completing your dives to fly off the island.
- Able to swim 200m and tread water/float for 10 mins
- PADI Online Learning completed before arrival contact us to sign up.
- Courses run with min 2 students - email for availability.
- All rental equipment is included, although we recommend own mask/snorkel
- Max rental gear size: Waist size 100cm maximum, Chest 120cm, Hips 112cm, minimum weight 40kg
Price: $610 including full PADI materials and certification fee
One to one tuition available $760
Price valid for courses completed prior to 31st Dec 2022
Book Scuba Diver online