Try Scuba Diving Boat Dive
Ever wondered what itís like to breathe underwater? If you would like to try scuba diving but arenít quite ready to take the full certification course, Try Scuba will help you decide if scuba is for you! This SSI experience is not a scuba certification but includes everything you need during the Try Scuba experience to dive safely with an instructor in shallow water.
Scuba diving has been described as the closest thing on earth we can get to experiencing the weightlessness of space. Of course, your first breaths will take a bit of getting used to, but after a few bubbles you'll realise how easy scuba diving really is. Once we've been through a few skills in shallow water and you've got to grips with swimming around we'll take you out for the really cool stuff, a dive off the boat!
The whole session takes just a morning or an afternoon!
- To start with, you will go through a flip chart with your instructor
- Then you'll be given a quick quiz (just to check you were paying attention!).
- We will then take you into the shallow water and practice some basic scuba skills. An example of these skills includes how to remove water from your mask whilst underwater (cool heh!)
- We then head down and take you out on a scuba dive to a maximum depth of 12m on the beautiful Rarotonga reef.
- Full equipment rental
- All training required to complete the experience
- Blowing bubbles !
What's NOT included
- Lunch (only Ĺ a day)
- Medical statement completed - Read the Medical requirement for courses here
- Waiver release
- Min age 14 years - under 18 years need parent or guardian consent.
- You need to allow a minimum of 24 hours after completing your boat dive to fly off the island.